Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Blog mania

... or obsession, same difference. I've spent the past 2 days compulsively reading other people's blogs, starting with Blogs of Note, then checking links on those blogs, which usually yields good results. Hitting "next blog" button - unpredictable. (I found a few interesting ones in Chinese, my first language.) I've found good recipes, good Harry Potter discussions, creative people, stories that made me cry. I added links to this blog, even if the connection to teaching is tangential at best. Other blog compulsions - trying out different templates, trying to add photo to my profile (successful), trying to add photo to the header (not successful yet, have to re-size somehow).

How is this related to teaching? Hmm. How about this is what teachers do on summer vacation? Good enough.

3 comments:

Critter said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment you left on my blog. I got my background from http://freeskins.blogspot.com/

it is pretty easy to use. I am not tech savy at all.

mary said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Thanks for coming by to visit and commenting on our Harry party. It was supposed to be the biggest one in the US. I spent a ton of time when I first started my blog trying to make stuff work.

awomansblog said...

That is so funny roller coaster, because by some strange compulsion that’s what I did today too. I don’t know what led me to click on the Blogs of Note but something did and that is what adult students do on summer vacation too, I guess.

I saw your entry at Caffeinated’s site but I didn’t actually make it here to comment until now.

I too have spent a lot of time learning about adding pics to blogspot sites and one of the best sites I found to help is webmonkey.com, if you’re interested.

I’m not much of a picture person but when I learned to build a website (in an online journalism course) this site was indispensable.

Anyway, I just thought I’d stop in and say hi. I may just become addicted to the Blogs of Note section too.

BTW, how do you add the "Labels" field to your blog (if you don't mind me asking)?