Sunday, August 12, 2007

Countdown!

... 3 weeks. My first official day back at school is Tuesday, September 4. School starts the next day. Today my friend and colleague CS told me about a large discount "dollar" store with a "teacher tree" area, where she found a lesson plan book and miscellaneous supplies. YIKES! I can't do it yet - shop for school. It's not just because I still have about 20 packs of looseleaf paper and 20 spiral notebooks leftover from LAST August's "back to school" sale. It's mostly because I have to finish moving to my new home, a fact that I haven't mentioned here till now, and THAT's mostly because I procrastinate. Clearly. Hence all this blogging. The good news is that the leftover paper and notebooks have been moved to the new home.

Now, logically, 3 weeks is 3 weeks. Why should these last 3 weeks be any less enjoyable than the first 3 weeks?! We can't LET that happen! Sure, I have to catch up on MY summer reading - Learning by Doing, A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (and practice 3-2-1 strategy after each chapter, 9 chapters total). (Any of you familiar with PLCs? the DuFours?) Yep, I'll spend 15 hours next week at a Ruby Payne workshop led by my department chair. Oh yeah - the unit plans, lessons, and my ability to memorize 120 names in 3 days will be ready to go right after Labor Day. BUT I'LL ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THESE NEXT 3 WEEKS, NO LIE!

Toronto Rogers Centre
Blue Jays vs. Yankees 8/6/07 (Below, Derek Jeter at bat, really!)

7 comments:

jenamoured said...

i go back next week to do a few days of professional development, and then the whole week after that. and then.. school starts. why am i so nervous!

yh said...

School.. blech! I get to head back to work.. Tuesday. I actually took a mental health day tomorrow...

And that's why I'm still up, trying to capture meteors on film. Hehehe...

Frumteacher said...

Just found your lovely blog! The post about your wai-po is beautiful.

Orchid in the Bronx said...

Hey, is Toronto that close to you? And, ahem, who were you rooting for? Am thinking about your link offer; been meaning to add a few features to dress it up, I'll let ya know if/when I feel more "public"!

yh said...

Are we there yet?

Jayme said...

You crack me up... It is crazy how quickly time goes by. Another August, another volleyball season, all the back to school sales you can imagine. Just think, only about 4 months until Christmas... 3 months until Thanksgiving
Thats almost scary.

yh said...

Ewww.. don't even start talking about Christmas... having to buy into all the hoo haw and consumerism almost makes me nauseated. Of course, I like getting pressies... doesn't mean I like shopping for them.