Monday, August 20, 2007

Stephen King review

Because
1) Stephen King is amazing but I can't read anything he writes (even fantasy Eye of the Dragon and nonfiction On Writing) without being scared witless EXCEPT this article,
2) I just watched movie "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" yesterday and it teared me up *sniff* (I read that some readers watched the movie, then heard the characters' movie "voices" as they read book 7. Since I read book 7 before seeing the movie, the movie made me nostalgic, glad that the movies help keep the story alive)
3) I especially love the point about Rowling growing into a better writer through writing,

...please read this review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (spoiler alert)! (Thanks, H!)

6 comments:

laluna said...

You're very welcome! I watched the Taylor Mali clip; thanks for sending it on (and I've already sent it on as well!). I've spent the day formulating my plans for September, and I needed a break, so came online for a bit. Also downloaded some Duran demos, to which I am now listening as I surf. ;-) There's definitely a reason I haven't started blogging (beyond my iWeb pages) because it would clearly take up all my time, though I'm considering setting something up for my new classes this year. I think I'll wait and see where they're all "at" first.

Miss you!!

Frumteacher said...

Great to see that you managed to find a wifi somewhere :-) I loved the HP movie, although I gave up reading the books after the second one.

Tricia Grissom said...

I hope your move went well.

I've loved all the HP movies and because I have them to look forward to, I don't quite feel it's over. After the last movie it will feel more "over." Until then, rock on Harry.

awomansblog said...

But when I read your post about how it's difficult for you to get online, I have to say I felt I needed to be grateful for what I have.

I have been a bit out of commission lately with blogging but have rarely moved from my computer (my back aches) trying to work on the other parts of my life.

Thanks for sharing that information and giving me pause as to how fortunate I am. BTW, I like the new look of your blog and what a sweet picture. You’re both beautiful!

awomansblog said...

Sorry Coaster, somehow the first paragraph of my post was eliminated.

This is the intro that was suppose to be there:

Your post made me realize how fortunate I am. Lately, I've been feeling frustrated and angry for all the time I spend behind my computer--as if there could be a world out there or something.

roller coaster teacher said...

You know what startled me in the movie? Dolores Umbridge as fashionista! I'm on a purple kick myself right now, following the trend, so I was aghast to find myself in the Dolores Umbridge house of style! I checked back in the book and *sigh of relief* that is NOT how Rowling wrote the character.

As soon as the movie started on the big screen, I felt so happy that it wasn't "over" - as Tricia said.