Monday, October 8, 2007

birthday indulgence

Snapshots of my 38th birthday festivities over the holiday weekend. I call this indulgence because I won't make any overt connections to teaching. (The teacher in me blurts, figure out the connections yourself!)

#1 - Buffalo Sabres home opener against NY Islanders Friday night - it was fun to start the year in the arena with other fans, even if we lost the first (and second) games of the season.

#2 Blackman Homestead Farm in Lockport, NY - a little maze action for daughter before picking apples and pumpkins.


#3 - The Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence, NY. Daughter and her BFF are at the base of the pumpkin pyramid. And meet the Flintstones (husband and me).



6 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a good one. Nice pics.

Teacher -n- Training said...

Happy Birthday! I love the Tower of Pumpkins! This is my favorite time of year!

WendyB said...

I love that pumpkin picture and I can't believe the Wilma picture. Did you see my Wilma post?

Natalie said...

Cool pyramid!

roller coaster teacher said...

Yeah, Wendy, I saw your Wilma post and thought it was really funny! Why a Fred and Wilma cutout at a pumpkin farm? Totally random (or not)...

Orchid in the Bronx said...

Love these pics. Do you ever stop and think, "How did I end up in Buffalo?" I guess you've been there almost as long as you've been anywhere at this point, right? I love that you've found/made home in a place that started out as foreign. (Do you remember that sitcom with Christina Applegate, "Jesse," set in Buffalo? I'm sure you do. I really liked that show.)