Friday, October 26, 2007
I did it!
Poetry Cafe today - it was great! I'm soooooo relieved. Noteworthy:
1. Students were great. One class (inclusion) surpassed our expectations. We had a few tricks up our sleeves, of course. Another class annoyed the heck out of me, right in front of their own parents.
2. Administrators who said they'd attend - did so. They gave very positive feedback and support.
3. Fellow teachers - I love them! My teaching partner (special ed. teacher) was fabulous. Other teachers came in to visit and support.
4. Parents were great - super good turn out in 2 classes (out of 5).
5. Food was fantastic. Some students (and their parents) really came through. Most popular: taco dip, apple pie, apple cider, Halloween cookies, chocolate-dipped strawberries.
6. I admit - it was fun to be the center of a whirlwind activity in the school.
7. Last night and early this morning, to calm my nerves, I thought, "All that's left for me to do is show up at school today. Just get to school."