Monday, December 3, 2007

blue Monday

It was the most rotten Monday I've had in a long time. Granted, Mondays are never good, but I could barely make chit chat with coworkers today or even smile. I just feel tired and weary. Even the good things - friends, festive twinkle lights, books - seem not real. It feels like the only reality is our family health crisis. Teaching was hard. I read aloud from Sing a song of tuna fish by Esme Raji Codell, and students journaled their own "let me tell you something about ..." stories. It worked.

I took the above pics on my way home - the traffic one on the iPhone while driving, the other one in front of our house.

Last night, I made more cards.


5 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry it's rough for you. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

How lucky to have snow! Where I am (wwaaay down south) there is no snow. In fact, it was 80 degrees out yesterday when I went to see the Nutcracker!

I adore your Christmas cardds!

a said...

i wish i was there to give you a big hug and then go do girlie things to give your mind and heart a break.

Sandra Evertson said...

Great blog!
Happy Holidays!
Sandra Evertson

WendyB said...

Whew. Nasty looking out there.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I'm looking for ways to get my students to write more. How does the "Let me tell you something about..." journaling work? Would you describe the process, please? Thanks!

You may e-mail me at californiateacherguy AT gmail DOT com