Tuesday, December 25, 2007

quote of the day

"So which one of my presents are you jealous about?" said my 6 year old daughter to her BFF on Christmas day.

Beware - tone shift...

Generally, today has been depressing since my father-in-law is still in the hospital, recovering from brain surgery and cancer radiation treatment.  My mother-in-law has Alzheimer's and keeps asking why her husband still isn't home.  But when we visited him in the hospital this evening, he ate a decent dinner!  Problems with eating has been one of the serious complications over the past few weeks (in addition to a staph infection, low platelets, pneumonia - yeah, we're living that movie "Sicko").  We left the hospital feeling hopeful, and that was the best Christmas present.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Hahaha, you're daughter's cute..!

May God bless all of you.

Teacher -n- Training said...

I'm praying for your father in law, mother in law, and your family. I know how draining emotionally it can be to have sick loved one. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Hope your Christmas was fabulous overall.

Natalie said...

I hope everything works out with your family.

Haha, you're daughter's hilarious!

jenamoured said...

building up to christmas was really the hardest part of the holiday. however, i felt relaxed and happy on christmas day. i think, maybe, it had something to do with my mom. it's hard to say that i'm spiritual or religious, because i don't know if i am, but sometimes i can't help but hope what i'm feeling is her spirit around me.

MKuehler said...

I hope your father-in-law gets better. Being in the hospital is never fun especially during the holidays.
Elf is a great movie but the same part twice in one day is a bit much. Last week at work (the day before they let them out), one teacher (not the one I was substituting for, thank goodness) had each class watch it. I think I would go crazy watching that movie that many times.

Tricia Grissom said...

I hope your father-in-law gets out of the hospital soon. I'm sorry the holidays have been so difficult this year. I'll be thinking of your family.