Saturday, December 22, 2007

winter vacation, day 1

I think I could create a photo book of just this birch tree in front of our home. The tree itself, the sunset view from the house, the view from the street looking at the tree and the house, fall, winter, and eventually spring and summer.

So day 1 of winter vacation is great. I've been home all day with my daughter who claimed to feel sick during the last day of school (yesterday) and was picked up early from school, causing us to roll our eyes and snicker, and who then developed a fever in the afternoon and evening, joke's on us.

I'm glad to avoid the holiday shopping traffic and chaos today. We'll do some low-key, hopefully low-stress Target shopping later tonight to catch up on gifts.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Haha, that's funny. The jokes on you! She developed a fever? Ouch.

WendyB said...

Beautiful photo.

Frumteacher said...

Can't wait to see the spring, summer and autumn pics of your beautiful tree!