Monday, January 7, 2008

delighted

... new finds today:

#1 - Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad About My Neck on audio CD, public library copy, read by the
author - I laughed my head off driving to and from work today. Friends had recommended books on audio CD when my daily work commute grew to 90 minutes round trip this past fall. Radio talk news and music finally lost their appeal after 4 months, and I found this copy at my local public library on Saturday. Chapter 1 ("I feel bad about my neck") is somewhat timely - I was checking out the back view of my new short haircut this morning, and noticed a prominent fold on the back of my neck that I never noticed before. Hmm. I'm still on this side of 40, just peeking over ...

#2 - Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food - An Eater's Manifesto - I heard the NPR interview with author on Friday. I'm showing my age and immigrant background here, but the first time I heard of Craig Claiborne was this afternoon, listening to Ephron's chapter "Serial Monogamy" about her relationships with cookbooks since the 1970s, then second was a few hours later, reading the introduction of Pollan's book.

#3 - Baggu, the cute reusable nylon shopping bag (my choices are red, fuchsia, and black) arrived today in the mail! Thanks to post on blog Green Base.


4 comments:

Natalie said...

Cool bag!

Frumteacher said...

What a great way to spend your commuting time!

Sarah Krasley said...

so glad you liked the Baggus! Best wishes from GreenBase!

WendyB said...

I keep meaning to read the Ephron book. Right now I'm feeling bad about my knees. I find something new to feel bad about every day!