Wednesday, January 30, 2008

snow day!

... my FIRST of this school year.  (In October 2006, our area had a freak snowstorm, causing extensive power outages and school closings for 6 days!  That was our wildest dream come true, but then everyone worried about "running out of snow days" (which we did) for the rest of the year.)

It's not really snow today but high winds, projected to reach 60 mph!  This is my first grade daughter's third snow day of the year.  I'll report back later on our snow day festivities, I mean, activities.

6 comments:

Tricia Grissom said...

Yeah. Those winds were here yesterday. They are predicting 6 or more inches of snow for us Thursday night.

I wouldn't mind a Friday snow day. I love the pictures on your previous post. I've got to get my camera back out when it snows.

Yesterday we set a record high of 74 degrees around noon. By 5 p.m. it was 24 degrees. I'm not kidding.
Global warming feels like the wrath of God around here.

Sarah said...

Congratulations!(And, I am SO jealous) :)

Ms. H said...

I'm SO jealous.

*wink*

Teacher -n- Training said...

You have snow days and we have hurricane days...I'm so envious! On the flip side, we're out next Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras.

Ms. George said...

Lucky! We had the wind and maybe tomorrow a delay for ice? We'll see. We have used two this year and with the mild spells we keep having, who knows when we'll get another. My district doesn't 'buy back' unused days, we lose them. What about yours? Did you have fun day? I made stew and cookies on my snow day...
Thanks for all your comments by the way, I actually posted something today after a break of a month...

WendyB said...

"Festivities"....lol.