Friday, January 11, 2008

week of review

... for the NYS ELA grade 7 assessment on January 15 & 16. Hurray. I'd much rather show off, I mean, tell you about the timely use of black Baggu, current favorite read In Defense of Food (just started part 2, "the Western Diet and the Diseases of Civilization", and I just know blogging is going to be one of those diseases), and cute red tote/work bag (yes, I can squeeze what I need for work in it, if I include the folded up Baggu).

Update on I Feel Bad About My Neck audio book on CD, read by author Nora Ephron - I admit you have to enjoy hearing her droll, sarcastic voice and endless stories about how much she loves New York City, which I do. On the other hand, I tried to listen to Home to Big Stone Gap on CD read by author Adriana Trigiani and did NOT enjoy the listening experience. Sorry, Ms. Trigiani, your voice, sometimes loud and sometimes soft, with varied (supposed) Blue Ridge Mountain accents for different characters, was distracting and confusing. I plan to read the book in paper form, as I enjoyed the previous Big Stone Gap novels and this one showed promise.

I'm thankful it's Friday.

3 comments:

Tense Teacher said...

Ah! The newest Big Stone Gap novel is available?! I guess I'll be going to the book store ASAP.

roller coaster teacher said...

Hm, I looked back at Trigiani's web site - learned "Home to BSG" was published fall 2006, and new novel will "Bella Rosa" be published in 2008. After reading the summaries of her novels on that site, now I want to re-read the first 2 BSG books, and I don't think I ever read the 3rd one. "Home to" is the 4th one. So much reading to be done!

Irrational said...

The red tote is SUPER CUTE!