Saturday, February 2, 2008

3D!


We're starstruck by 3D! Our friend T's 7th birthday festivities included showing up 8am today and waiting 15 minutes in 32 degree, windy weather outside the movie theater before we could rush inside and stake out our seats for the 8:45 show.

After settling ourselves (4 girls ages 6, 7, and 8, plus 2 moms) in our seats with popcorn, Twizzlers, Skittles, soda, coffee, we enjoyed the previews, including a tantalizing bit of "U2 3D" (I can't wait), new Narnia movie "Prince Caspian" (breathtaking), and "College Road Trip" (hysterical).

The Hannah Montana concert movie (no, I refuse to learn the correct title) was ... cute, just like Miley Cyrus is CUTE. Best parts: her outfits, 3D effects (drummer's stick being tossed up straight up in the air for an overhead shot, guitar pick thrown out toward audience), seeing how large the stage is and how much running and jumping are involved in a concert performance.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy February to you to! I've never been a fan of Miley Cyrus..

Teacher -n- Training said...

I have boys...so I'm subjected to the great violent stuff! At times I wish I had a girlie girl, but I"m not sure I would know what to do with her. Hope you have a great day - thanks for the words of encouragement.

ThursdayNext said...

It would not be a celebration without Twizzlers! :) So glad you had fun! Indeed, the new Narnia previews are amazing...