Thursday, February 7, 2008

scoring, and happy new year


Tuesday and Wednesday I sat with 11 teachers in the basement conference room of our building to score the NYS ELA grade 7 assessment. Technically, I was trainer and table facilitator, not scorer, so these (in picture) were my working tools. Next Monday and Tuesday I will reprise these roles for the ELA grade 8 assessment.

Believe it or not, I enjoyed my time with colleagues in that conference room. We worked with diligence, but we also cracked jokes and laughed a lot. (OK, I also giggled a lot and felt super goofy.) The lack of sunshine in the past week had dampened my spirits, and laughing loosened the endorphins in a mighty way.

Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year, everyone! Health and prosperity to you and your family...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Year of the Rat!

Ms. George said...

Yes, Happy New Year! We scored our tests last week. I was the Scoring Leader for the Listening/Writing. I'm glad it's over. What did you think about the editing?