Thursday, February 14, 2008

valentine

First, happy news - today was my long-ago scheduled day to help out at my daughter's first grade class Valentine's Day party. I was in charge of games. Here is the "stack'em up" game. This impressive winning tower was stacked by my daughter's class BFF, a right-handed girl who broke her finger and created this tower of 12 conversation hearts with her left hand, to which all the boys in the group said, "WOW! With a broken hand!!!" Valentine's Day at an elementary school is so much more festive and zany than at my middle school. (See the girl in background who's trying to create a base for her tower? At least 2 other kids tried this approach. Good idea; just didn't work in reality. Hearts not stable or level enough.)

Then, sad news - my father-in-law passed away 2 days ago after struggling the past 3 months against cancer and assorted complications.

8 comments:

WendyB said...

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

Teacher -n- Training said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. I will keep your family in my prayers.

ms-teacher said...

First, I miss the time when I could help out at my children's school. Cherish those moments! Second, my sincerest condolences in the loss of your father-in-law. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Ms. H said...

Your daughter is so lucky to have you involved with her class. (She may not think so when she's about 13 or 14 and in that "Too Cool" stage!) Ha!

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Even after a prolonged illness, loss can still be hard to deal with....so take some time, hug on your kiddo (and your hubby) and let Blogworld know if you need anything!!

k?

roller coaster teacher said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts.

a said...

hugs!!!

jenamoured said...

rct- you know i will be thinking about you. take care of yourself and your family.

ThursdayNext said...

I am sorry about your father-in-law and know you are having a difficult weekend. Hugs to you...