Monday, April 7, 2008

running on ... fumes?

At this point in the school year, with 10 weeks left of instruction and review, I am not too ashamed to admit that I'm really really tired and want to get through it already.  You know what I mean.

I'm wrapping up our health action research project this week.  Students are writing their papers.  I will take and post a picture of my own exercise "action plan", modeled after the action plan assignment.  For once, mainly because the paper counts as 2 essay/test grades, I am reviewing their rough drafts for major problems and giving quiz grades.

This is school spirit week.  Tomorrow is our field trip to see a science show at a local theatre - fun! Friday we enjoy the school spirit assembly.  We start spring break after Friday.  Hence, work motivation is low.

Looking ahead, I'm trying to put together a few mini-units, one for Earth Day and one regarding manners/civility.  Then literature circles, and that takes us to June!  Instead of a final exam this year, we're working on a cumulative portfolio final assessment.  So June will focus on the portfolio.

And here's where my mind and heart and soul really are located right now - in New York City, where we plan to go on Saturday for 5 days.  We'll stay in my mom's tiny apartment, see a few friends and family, eat some good food, shop.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Enjoy your spring break! I just got back from mine ;). I feel like I am totally done for the year, even though we technically have 10 weeks left too!

ThursdayNext said...

Glad to hear you are coming here in June...your plans sound like the perfect way to begin the summer!

Frumteacher said...

Enjoy spring time! I know what you mean. I am SO ready for summer vacation. It really feels like I can start wrapping up, and I'm almost forgetting that there's another period to teach :-)

jenamoured said...

missing your posts!