Friday, June 20, 2008

job announcement

I'm happy to announce that I am changing job duties next school year!  I've kept this news to myself for months because nothing is official till it's official.  This afternoon, we all received our new schedules for the next school year, and although the building buzzed with news and strong feelings (excitement, disappointment, etc.), I was content.  Here's the story:

All year we've anticipated the retirement of a veteran teacher in our department, and we figured out a re-shuffling proposal to the principal.  The remedial reading and writing "ELA lab" teacher wanted to return to a "classroom" position, and I offered my interest in the remedial position.  Our principal liked the proposal, and we just had to wait out the last few months before the "official" assignments.  There were other considerations and shuffling within our department, but mostly I was on pins and needles waiting for this change for me.

I have lots to say about this new position, but I'll post and discuss more another time.  I will share this: teaching remedial reading and writing was an intention of mine before I knew what to do about it.  Note to self and my blog friends - set the intention!

6 comments:

Ms. H said...

Congratulations!!! That is SO cool!

You are the perfect person to help these kiddos develop their reading & writing skills! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story....

ms-teacher said...

Congrats! I agree, if you want it, go for for it!

My principal offered up a GATE teaching position w/training over the summer. I offered to do it and was surprised to learn that no one else wanted it!

Maria said...

Congratuations! These struggling students need a teacher who is passionate about education and it sounds like you are the right person for the job. I look forward to hearing more!

Ms. George said...

Congratulations on your new responsibilities! I have one class of remedial/ELA-prep class with my other four classes of 'regular' ed ELA (5 students were on my team while one was on another). I'll have the same next year.
I am just about to start New Moon having read Twilight many 'moons' ago. I just finished Rebel Angels, too. Have you read A Great and Terrible Beauty? If not, call the library!
Thanks for visiting my sporadic musings again...when is your last day before summer?

Teacher -n- Training said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about the new job.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品