Monday, August 4, 2008

breaking dawn

Starting it wasn't an urgency, but once I started, there's no stopping until I finished, which took about 8 hours.  I slept about 4 hours last night/this morning, so some good coffee should help me through this low key day.

I have mixed feelings and reactions.  There's no good way to discuss the book without spoilers, plus I need time to process my reactions, so I can wait.  My friend Heather convinced me to read The Host, and that will tie me over until the next Stephenie Meyer fix, i.e. Twilight movie.  Speaking of movie, I saw the CBS Sunday Morning interview with Myer, and I confess that my reaction to the actor who played Edward in the movie clips is much better than my reaction to the actor's image in the promotional posters.  When he said (to the actress who played Bella) in a wry, ironic, rueful, and sexy way, I wish you hadn't said that, I recognized Edward.

(Almost) needless to say, I look forward to Midnight Sun.

PS - yes, I saved a copy of this blog as a PDF file on my computer, after resetting the format to show ALL posts on one page, then I returned to my regular 10 posts per page format after saving.  This is the best "backup" method within my capabilities right now.  I realize this does not save comments :(

4 comments:

laluna said...

call me, or drop me an e-mail, so we can chat about the book. i certainly don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it admittedly fell short of my expectations. (that's not to say i didn't enjoy it, because i did.) but there was a quote in the cleveland sun review: "At page 300, I was still waiting for the story to take off, a sensation that lasted until page 544, when Meyer finally breathes life into her narrative." that i really found myself nodding along in agreement with. curious to hear what others think...

~heather

only a movie said...

My 12 year old son has been staying up through the wee hours all weekend catching up on these books. I have yet to start one, but given your book list, I think we might have similar tastes...

jenamoured said...

ugh, i thought breaking dawn was absolutely horrible.

Sydney Speel said...

robert pattinson!

i love him!

he was cedric diggory in harry potter and i find him completely perfect for edward!
he's so mysterious and yummy!