Friday, August 15, 2008

the inevitable

My latest theory about why I'm writing/blogging so much in August is procrastination.  I know in my heart and soul that it's time to produce, not just consume and vegetate.  I designate Monday as the start of writing lessons. Honest.

Yesterday I received federal jury duty summons to start serving September 3, aka first day of school.  PANIC!  I'm very interested to serve jury duty, but on the first day of school?!  And federal jury duty could last weeks and even months! Then I called the information number this morning and learned I could ask for postponement, which is ideal for me.  (No, I didn't see the fine print about postponement, probably due to the panic obstructing my vision.)  So that's what I'm doing, and keep my fingers crossed.

6 comments:

only a movie said...

I am designating some day next week to the start of getting my new classroom somewhat organized. And the blog writing and blog reading and darned vampire book reading will have to suffer. :-) It is all addicting in a good way.

I did a postponement of jury duty last spring and am cringing that I will get called again this fall. Good luck.

WendyB said...

I swear, I get called for jury duty every six months. They're out to get me. I still have PTSD from having to serve on a six-week-long trial in 1996.

Sue said...

I think I would find the jury duty hanging over my head as another good reason to procrastinate. Hope you are postponed and ready to go for the first day!

Sydney Speel said...

is jury duty even fun?

i wish i would never have to know!

Frumteacher said...

Lovely new template!

I try to see blogging as a positive type of procrastination. At least you grow from it. It's not like playing solitare on the computer.

Enjoy your rest while you still can. I went back to school today and can't even remember what the summer vacation was like...

roller coaster teacher said...

Update - I successfully gained "deferral" of federal jury duty, and I don't have to check in until further notice!