Tuesday, September 30, 2008

chugging along

We collected enough snacks and non-food items to send 2 soldier care packages, one of which was sent to the cousin of a student.

I just haven't felt like writing - sorry!  Definitely busy, in many good ways, and definitely still the best job ever.  We started a unit that connects informational text reading with writing fan letters to Olympic athletes.

Oh, today I was missing for 10 minutes.  We have a 2-day schedule, and as a lab teacher, I live by "Day 1 or Day 2" because I see students every other day.  Well, for 7 minutes, I lost track of which day, showed up to lunch duty, said hi to a few students whom I knew, then realized they're not in my lunch duty, jogged 3 minutes back to my classroom, where a teacher was calling the office looking for me and my 10 students were waiting.  The first student who saw me huffing and puffing up the stairs said, "There she is!"  A boy said, "Darn!"  A girl said, "I thought you were dead!"  Another girl said, "I thought you fell down the stairs!"

9 comments:

Ms. H said...

That happened to me last week....I totally got my days mixed up, and as a result managed to get my B-day classes ahead of my A-day. It absolutely sucked!!

DOH!

Sydney Speel said...

missing for 10 minutes. :)

the perfect combo!

cheetos and sudoku!

Sydney Speel said...

missing for 10 minutes. :)

the perfect combo!

cheetos and sudoku!

only a movie said...

Yikes gone missing! Glad your students were decent enough to stay and wait for you...
Those care packages look great! What a fabulous project and how cool for you to have that all ready to go by the end of September.

Sarah said...

At least your students missed you :)!

jenamoured said...

haha. what hilarious student responses.

also, pls come do my plans for me. yours are always better than mine.

Frumteacher said...

Love those comments ;-)

In fact, I had a similar experience last week. School called me to change my class from 7th period to 5th, but I wasn't at home. So my students expected me 5th period and I wasn't there. In the end, the entire class decided to skipp 7th period to 'punish me' even though the school made a mistake and not me (and they couldn't read, because on the white board it said that it was still not sure whether those periods were changed).

roller coaster teacher said...

THanks for the comments, everybody!

I'm super glad the care packages went out. I used 6th grade Open House time (when no one came to see me) to package up the goodies. I'm planning to do another round in late November/early December.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品