Saturday, October 18, 2008

a cold, bright day


At UB's homecoming game against Army today, I was cold, officially.  (No other reason to wear a random hat found in my husband's car.)  Truly "COOL" factors of this game - military planes "fly by" during national anthem, the Bronze Star awarded to UB student and ROTC cadet who served as medic in Iraq and helped save lives during enemy attack in March 2007 (picture shows the uniformed cadet on the jumbotron with wife and stepdaughter WHO IS MY STUDENT!), and oh yeah UB's overtime win ;)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Today was the first day I had to de-ice my car before work! Brr! Not ready for winter at all...

Sydney Speel said...

that's cool about teaching your stepdaughter!

the planes look so cool too!

roller coaster teacher said...

Sorry I wasn't clear, Sydney! My student (not related to me) was on the jumbo-tron with HER stepdad and mom. She told our class about the award her stepdad was going to receive, so I was prepared to take pics of them.

WendyB said...

I'm not ready for the cold weather. Ugh.