Saturday, December 20, 2008

snow day sing-along

We're on YouTube!  I had Thursday off as a personal day, then the eagerly anticipated Snow Day materialized Friday, so I hope I still remember how to teach on Monday.

My daughter had been practicing this song by herself and would ask us random questions like "what does sentimental mean?" in preparation for Friday's school holiday sing-along assembly.  We tried to explain "boughs" not "bows" of holly, and as you can hear, she sorta tried...

So her hard work paid off, even if the assembly never happened, because now she's sharing it with "the world".  Happy Holidays, everyone!


5 comments:

Tricia Grissom said...

That was great! Tell her she did an awesome job, and I loved the big finish.

Sniff. It makes me sad. Mine are too old for this stuff anymore (or at least they pretend to be).

roller coaster teacher said...

Yeah, thanks! I really relish these cutie pie years *sigh, sniffle*

Sue said...

Very very nice! Happy holidays to your whole family!

Hugh O'Donnell said...

Great performance!

We had the week before Christmas off with one of our "once every 20-30 year" snowstorms. (Compared to western NY, the Willamete Valley is a banana belt, normally.)

Happy Holidays to you and yours, RCT!

roller coaster teacher said...

You, too, Sue!

Hugh - that's awesome! Perfect timing :D