Wednesday, February 11, 2009

love story

Lately, I have often felt overwhelmed and confused by the magnitude and weight of human suffering, either through first-hand experience or empathy.  I don't think it's a coincidence that, also lately, several people have recommended this book, The Shack by William Paul Young, to me.

There are many ways to describe this book and the fictional story and essential truths contained within, but I'll only make one connection to the upcoming Valentine's Day.  The core of our human existence, including joy and suffering, is a love story between the Creator (God) and the creation (us).  I finished reading the book today, and the thoughts and feelings are swirling and churning inside.  I just hope that, if your state of mind is similar to mine, you would give this book a try.

No comments: