Monday, May 11, 2009

Bittersweet Monday - I learned the hard way today that a journal writing topic of "Mother's Day" is loaded.

Fun Monday - I received my first free "reviewer's copy" of a book The Baseball Card Kid today, thanks to terrific blog The Picnic Basket.  Just request a free reviewer's copy and then read and write a review on the blog within 2 weeks!

Also Fun Monday - I just started book 4 of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Battle of the Labyrinth.  Book 5 is the final one in the series and just hit the stores last week - can't wait!!!  It's super addicting...  Ok, I promise not to neglect my Picnic Basket duty as indicated above :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been meaning to try that Picnic Basket thing... looks fun!

Deborah Sloan said...

Please do try that Picnic Basket thing! We've offered over 75 books for teachers and librarians to sample (and review) since August. Usually 1-2 new selections each week. It's wonderful to hear from new voices and learn why they feel a book would (or would not) work with the kids they work with. Plus you can read reviews from your colleagues and get a sense of what they think about books you might have heard about. Looking forward to seeing you both at the picnic soon!
Deborah Sloan
www.thepicnic-basket.com