Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


Our Memorial Day started with cemetery visit to place freshly potted geraniums at my father-in-law's grave.  (He was a Korean War veteran.)  Then we scored prime seats to view and cheer on our local town parade.  I'm really glad we're enjoying this "small town" environment, where we greeted many friends among parade folks and spectators.  Even though I'm proud of growing up tough in NYC where I remember pushing and shoving our way through spectating crowds and trying not to be pickpocketed or abducted, I'm happy that my daughter has THIS scene to remember...  She can choose a tough city to grow and test her street smarts when she's older!

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday :)

1 comment:

Vodka Mom said...

There is NOTHING like a small, hometown parade!!!


I love it..........