Saturday, August 22, 2009

2 weeks left and more metaphors from Harry Potter

That's me at the Erie County Fair yesterday. I was pack mule mom, hanging out in this pic with a bloomin' onion while my daughter and her friend rode rides and more rides.

Last night I took husband to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie in IMAX theater (the first, like, 13 minutes were in 3D!) - sooooooo awesome!!! I started re-reading Deathly Hallows last night and finished this afternoon. I had forgotten so much from that book and the previous books - I truly enjoyed this re-read and think I need to restart the series from book 1.

HP metaphors ... endless, right? My favorite is still the impossible task that you undertake and persevere to accomplish, drawing from love, loyalty, friendship, whatever you have to keep you going.

2 comments:

only a movie said...

I saw it for the first time last week. They did a good job. Have an excellent end of vacation!

Ms. George said...

We are enjoying the Dutchess County fair this week! We saw HBP with my Beloved Sister while we were in NC. It was good, but still, so much left out. On the way to and fro we listened to the HBP-UK cd's. It makes for a fun ride. I am looking forward to starting DH cd's on my way to school next week.
My favorite themes from the books are that you sometimes have to choose 'between what is right and what is easy' and that 'it is not good to dwell on dreams and forget to live.'