Sunday, December 6, 2009

happy december!


So I'm a bit late in the wishing and blogging, but isn't that a sweet picture from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade?! We were in NYC during that holiday weekend, and that was our 2nd time watching the parade in person. (Last year was the first.) I highly recommend it for anyone! That picture was taken from across Columbus Circle, facing the southwest end of Central Park, just as the parade turned east from Central Park West.

We had the most fabulous NYC visit, mainly due to staying at our friend A's mid-town apartment. We walked a LOT and rode the subway everywhere! Highlights: Macy's parade, ice skating at The Pond at Bryant Park (not me, but my husband and daughter), Friday morning Today Show (watched Lester and Natalie et al in person, but did not get on TV), Metropolitan Museum of Art, South Street Seaport tree lighting, plus awesome EATS!!! (East Japanese Restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner, 2nd Ave Deli, Alice's Tea Cup, Max Brenner chocolate restaurant, Chinatown Ice Cream Factory)

NaNoWriMo wrapped up - yay! We've moved on to the next (but related) writing project, what I call the Select Scene. Students choose a favorite scene (about 3 pages long) from their novel to perfect (character and imagery descriptions, grammar, spelling, usage) for a test grade. We finish that this coming week, and Friday will be our official Wrap-up Party!

2 comments:

Literacy Teacher said...

I found my way to your blog a few days ago through a link on another teacher blog. It peaked my interest twofold. First, I have been reading about your job! It sounds wonderful... (You do have a dream job that I hope to one day have...) Second, I am a fellow WNY'er and I have just enjoyed reading about your local posts and looking at your pictures.
Just wanted to say, "Thanks for sharing!"

roller coaster teacher said...

You're welcome, LT, and thank YOU for visiting and commenting! (I tried to comment on your blog post but didn't succeed.) I'll try to be more consistent about blogging now that I started winter break. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you, too!