Sunday, January 3, 2010

stymied!

I'm writing this post to explain, apologize, and ask for help with a blog comment problem.  A few blogs that I read (such as only a movie and reading really rocks) have a particular post-comment system that I can't figure out!  I'm sorry...

This is what happens: Below the blog post in question, I click on the "comments" link. I see other people's comments, and I see the box where I can "post a comment".  Below the box is a drop-down menu of options,  "Comment as... [select profile] ... " Then Google, LiveJournal, etc. are the choices.  I've tried to login as Google user, as anonymous, with my name/URL - all to no avail!  Please, someone, tell me what I need to do!  There's probably a very easy and straightforward solution - lots of other people are able to post comments.  Blog comment is an integral part of the community experience - I want to participate!  I would truly appreciate any help :D

4 comments:

only a movie said...

Does the comment window show up under "post a comment"? Weird. Maybe if you sign out of google and try anonymously?

Maybe its your browser? Although when I had a Mac, blogger hated safari, so I always used firefox (which is what you use, right?)

Hmmm... weird. Hope you are keeping warm and cozy and resting up for going back to school.

roller coaster teacher said...

Yeah, I do use Firefox on the mac :( I've tried anonymous, Google login, just name/URL... I'll keep trying!

Literacy Teacher said...

Hmmm... I am going to have to see why this is happening. I will have to check my settings! Thanks for letting me know!

Literacy Teacher said...

Hey there. I did check my comment settings and I do allow for an open comment from users and non-google users. Maybe try making yourself a follower and then posting?? I wish I could be of more help! Thanks again for reading my blog. I do so enjoy reading and rereading yours!