Sunday, March 28, 2010

March is the insane month



Small wonder I've only managed 2 posts in March: My daughter's 9th birthday 3 weeks ago and various related festivities, her first ever piano recital 2 weeks ago, her many rehearsals leading up to this weekend's school talent show hula hoop performance, my mom's visit last weekend from NYC/Taiwan, and my annual professional performance review on March 31st to wrap it all up!

Top pic - Sabres game for daughter and husband's birthdays - and both caught on the jumbotron twice and live TV once (right after overtime winning goal)!

Bottom pic - Buffalo Museum of Science during my mom's visit. Rooftop was open with telescopes to see the SUN!

WAIT! I read a few GREAT books!!! My friend Sonya Chung (from our college years) published her first novel Long for This World on March 2, and I LOVED it!!!  Intense Korean American family drama, reminded me of the novels of Barbara Kingsolver, Anne Tyler, Amy Tan, Alice Hoffman.

I read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell - super interesting! I especially appreciated the connections to education/learning/motivation.

Currently, I'm reading The Birth Order Book - why you are the way you are by Dr. Kevin Leman. IT'S SOOOOO GOOD! Really!!! I don't know why it's taken me so long to find it.  Dr. Leman explains everyone, including you and your crazy family. You'll love it, unless you're a middle child and don't like to explained, like my husband.

2 comments:

only a movie said...

Crazy month here too... I always love your book recommendations! Hope I can catch my breath and read one. ;-)

Wu said...

i like i like... 'teaching by genre.' i don't know why you can't post comments on my blog. i'll have to figure that one? Any books you'd like to recommend? I'm reading Playing by Melanie Abrams and The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.