Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy July!

How fun to visit the National Mall and various monuments in Washington, DC right after reading The Red Pyramid! We had a great trip - yes, it was hot and sunny! My best souvenir was OFF! Active with LOTS of Deet - it really works!!!

We also attended a Mets v Nationals game at Nationals Park, spent July 4th and 5th in Jamestown and Williamsburg, Virginia. We would have visited a few museums in Washington today, but we came home a day early to escape the HEAT.
Originally, I asked my husband to take an extra day off work so we would have more time to sightsee, but I'm glad we came home today. I'm super thankful for a wonderful trip, seeing old friends, learning American history, etc. but I'm ready to start my "normal" summer tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic Fourth!! We were on a plane that day so it was sadly nothing exciting for us... maybe next year!