Tuesday, August 31, 2010

nature art

My daughter G took art lessons this summer (and last few summers) from a family friend MT who was an art teacher until her school cut her position. (MT nows works at a photography studio and will be starting her own business.) G chose a photograph that I took from our Taiwan trip in July 2009, a scene from the Alishan mountain forest near the city Chiayi where I was born and lived with my grandmother until I was seven years old.




I will continue to seek art education for G who loves to create art. The art instruction in her school is great but not enough, never enough. (Similarly, she should have physical education every day, not just twice a week.) She will take a few "kids watercolor" classes in October at our local botanical gardens.

No comments: