Friday, November 26, 2010

Poinsettia











Day after Thanksgiving is the start of the poinsettia show at the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens - perfect for my mom's visit from Taiwan! (We were "interviewed" by a reporter from our local newspaper about our botanical gardens experiences - hope our comments show up in his article.) The model railroad and train exhibit has always been a really fun part of the poinsettia show, and this year it's newly expanded and improved. Today was also our first day of actual snow :)

Confession #1: I'm behind in my NaNoWriMo word count goal. I have four days left, about 3500 words left to write.

Confession #2: We did also participate in more classic "Black Friday" festivities, aka shopping.

3 comments:

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I hope you have fun with your mom. Don't beat yourself up over your nanowrimo goal. I'm still about 25,000 words behind. I lost all of my momentum when I went to my conference.

Literacy Teacher said...

Cute picture of your Mom and you!
I hope you enjoyed your 4 day weekend!

My Mom and I were out on Black Friday at JCP for same great early bird specials! I bought some Christmas presents! This holiday weekend has always been my favorite!

Mrs. K said...

I love your blog and can relate to it so well. I'm a teacher of literacy (middle and high school) and share the same "roller coaster" feelings about it. Overall, I love love love my work! Thanks also for your great reviews...I'm going to read Shiver and Linger now thanks to your blog.