Saturday, January 1, 2011

New year beauty






What loveliness in the Orchid House we found today at the Buffalo Botanical Gardens! The orchids looked lovelier than when I saw them a month ago, so I assumed the Orchid Show was just around the corner. A check of the gardens calendar said the amaryllis and cymbidium show is up next (makes me want to say Scylla and Charybdis), and a google search informed me cymbidium is a type of orchid.

Not really sure why I'm so obsessed with the botanical gardens, flowers, plants, etc. I don't like to work with dirt, and I don't intend to garden anytime soon.

Anyone else see the Meryl Streep/Nicholas Cage movie "Adaptation"? I saw it years ago, was really confused, thought I'd try to watch it again someday, but ... there are so many other things to do, less complicated, more beautiful things, like looking at actual orchids. Such a strange movie.

No comments: