Monday, May 30, 2011

So long, May





I'm not sad to see the end of May, a month of testing and scoring. I gave my students the best literary gift I could offer, given the circumstances - BOOK CLUB.

This weekend we were host family to two wonderful Chinese graduate students (from Penn State) here to attend an international students conference. The conference organized a visit to Niagara Falls for the students on Saturday, we took our two students to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens on Sunday, and good weather fortune prevailed!

Hosting international students was a terrific experience, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the BEST thing that happened to me was going to the NKOTBSB concert in Buffalo on Saturday night!!! I wasn't even a fan of EITHER band until... Saturday!!! Now I can't stop singing... ALL YOU PEOPLE, CAN'T YOU SEE, CAN'T YOU SEE... My friend and colleague H scored free tickets, and we plan to wear our souvenir t-shirts to school tomorrow... I'LL BE LOVING YOU FOREVERRRRRR... (the following is NOT my video since we were sitting wayyyy up high, but you get the idea...) I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, WHERE YOU'RE FROM, WHAT YOU DID, AS LONG AS YOU LOVE ME...

No comments: