Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My writing territories

This summer I organized a small writing workshop group (composed of a few friends/colleagues) to motivate and support each other to produce writing. It's working! We meet weekly at a bookstore (Borders this month, but soon Barnes and Noble) to share our writing and offer feedback.

My own "writing territories" (as per Georgia Heard and Nancie Atwell) are personal narratives from my childhood in Taiwan, life with my grandmother who raised me and my aunts and uncles. The writing group has offered positive responses and helpful suggestions, but most importantly, the weekly meetings push us to write.

2 comments:

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

What a wonderful idea. I wish I lived a little bit closer and could join you.

roller coaster teacher said...

I agree, Kathryn! Your summer writing project work is one inspiration for this little writing group :)