Saturday, August 13, 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Thanks to Goodreads, I'm even more immersed in books now than when I first started the Book-a-day challenge about 2 weeks ago! I've pledged to read 100 books this year, and based on my best estimation (thanks to Library Thing, which I used until I became active in Goodreads), I've read 31 books already. Eleven of those 31 are "picture books" that I read to keep up with Book-a-day, and I'm delighted to increase my knowledge of children's books and writers. (Many thanks to my public library for facilitating this reading pace!)

In addition to finding book recommendations on Goodreads, I share my reviews and reading updates ALL OVER THE PLACE - on this blog using widgets, plus Twitter and Facebook! I LOVE WIDGETS! I don't understand HTML code (or whatever else programming is involved) at all, but I know enough to plug those widgets here! I think I joined the Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge primarily to use the widget, haha.

Now that you can see my current book reviews and updates in the lovely widgets on the right side of this page, I need to figure out if and how I want to write book review posts on this blog. Stay tuned!

Small note about back-to-school - My first official work day is September 6, even though I plan to set up my room before then. Students start school September 7. That's 3 more weeks...

2 comments:

Mardie said...

I start school on the same day. Three weeks. I need all of it to get ready.
I commend you on the goodreads challenge of 100 books. I'm doing the challenge too, but chose to go with 35 books for this year (may up my goal if I reach it well before the end of the year). Looking forward to your reviews.

Majid Ali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.