Monday, March 19, 2012

Divergent Obsession


I am absolutely, wonderfully, and thoroughly in love with Divergent by Veronica Roth, probably for all the same reasons why I loved The Hunger Games, PLUS...

  • less violence than THG,
  • set in Chicago where I just visited for the first time ever last Thanksgiving,
  • affirms my wish for a tattoo,
  • validates my love of black clothing,
  • second book Insurgent drops on May 1,
  • good reason to declare "this book is BETTER than THG" to my students, incite outrage, and induce more reading, and
  • results of the faction quiz at the back of this paperback edition indicate I'm Divergent.
On the flip side, I just finished another Sarah Dessen book, Lock and Key. That's the sixth Dessen book I've read (out of ten published). 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

graveyardsandgrasslands said...

Just discovered your blog and I'm a little bit in love with you already! I'm nearly at the end of the most recent THG book and have been recommended (by one of my very fiction addicted pupils) to read Divergent...

Keep it up!

xx GnG xx