I am absolutely, wonderfully, and thoroughly in love with Divergent by Veronica Roth, probably for all the same reasons why I loved The Hunger Games, PLUS...
- less violence than THG,
- set in Chicago where I just visited for the first time ever last Thanksgiving,
- affirms my wish for a tattoo,
- validates my love of black clothing,
- second book Insurgent drops on May 1,
- good reason to declare "this book is BETTER than THG" to my students, incite outrage, and induce more reading, and
- results of the faction quiz at the back of this paperback edition indicate I'm Divergent.
On the flip side, I just finished another Sarah Dessen book, Lock and Key. That's the sixth Dessen book I've read (out of ten published). 'Nuff said.