Saturday, May 12, 2012

Delivery

Here is the conclusion to this book delivery story. I mentioned in the previous post that Barnes and Noble offered two options for the "unacceptable delay" in delivering my pre-order copy of Insurgent, replacement or cancellation. After the annoyance (of being offered options that couldn't rectify the problem) burned off, I realized a "replacement" meant I could have two copies of the book in my classroom library for the price of one book (plus a week of psychological pain and suffering). So here are the twins, my friends, posing with our fabulous birch tree!




Below is a book-pass photo. I started reading The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie while waiting for Insurgent's delivery. I still had a few chapters to read of Absolutely True Diary when Insurgent arrived, and yet I exercised (relatively) tremendous restraint and finished one before starting the other. (Alexie's book is fantastic - rich story and characters, brutally honest and funny. I don't know if I would recommend it to any of my 6th or 7th graders due to "inappropriate" language.) They posed with the other fabulous tree in our front yard, a small tree with the loveliest spring pink blossoms.


Insurgent verdict: I LOVED IT.

No comments: